Devil May Cry Secret Missions
There is a total of 12 different secret levels that you can get throughout Devil May Cry. This is a list of all of them and step by step strategies to beating them.
 Critical Hit
Located in Mission 3 Get to it by falling under the broken bridge into the water. It is after you defeat the Phantom.
1. Once started, run and step on the multi-colored circle. 2. Lock on to him. DO not shoot yet. 3. Once he trys to cut you, that is when you get ready to attack. Move close to him then stop and hit the Sin Scissors with the Alastor or Force Edge. The Sin Scissors mask should be looking away from Dante now.. While the Sin Scissors' mask is looking away from you, and run to the back of the Sin Scissors until Dante is standing directly in front of the mask. Make sure that you have unlocked because Dante will walk and not run. 4. Now lock back on to him. Now the lock will be right on his mask. Now you can finish him off with one blast. If you run toward him, and shoot it will most likely hit the side of the mask and not finish him. 5. You have to be quick, because he might recover faster than you think.
 Phantom Baby
Located in Mission 4 Right at the beginning, just turn around and go back through the door.
You have to destroy 100 Phantom Babies in 30 seconds
tip: Use Ebony and Ivory, also can use Holy Water to kill them all very quickly (kind of a cheat).
1.Start blasting as many babies right at the beginning. You should be able to get about half (50) done in a couple of seconds. 2. Go directly ahead of the door straight across the red carpet. There should be another pile of babies right there. You can kill another 25 right here. 3. You should have half the time (15 seconds) left. Run toward the alter. There should be about 2 piles left. That leaves you with plenty of time left to kill the last amount you need.
 Phantom Baby 2
Located in Mission 4 Last room on the right in the 1st hallway. The one with the God of Time statue
Destroy 100 Phantom Babies in 30 seconds with no weapons.
tip: Use Devil Trigger
1.Head toward the God of Time statue. Then go back toward the door. Do this again, and you should have about 80 with half the time remainding. 2. Now it is really hard. Run around like a madman looking for small piles. Kill all the little single ones as you are looking.
 The 3 Beasts
Located in Mission 4 After you beat the Shadow in the Fountain Room
Fight and kill 3 shadows
1. Always try to put all your firepower into killing one, than killing another etc... 2. Go to the door that is nearest Dante's left. Shoot the shadow with your shotgun as many times as possible. 3. Once the shadow shows his core, switch to Devil Trigger, and stinger the core 3 times. The shadow should go to his original form now. He starts to attack more now. Keep shooting at him continuously. Make sure that he doesnt catch you. 4. If he doesnt catch you. than he will become angry and explode, killing himself. Collect the green orb that he gives you. 5. Use the same strategies to kill the remainding 2. make sure that you do not move on to the 3rd one before killing the 2nd one.
 One Eyed Evil
Located in Mission 7 Go into the room with all the sewers, where you picked up the Rusty Key
Let the Kyklops kill themselves without using any weapons
1. Avoid the swiping claw as soon as the mission starts. Watch the 2nd kyklops shadow in the water to be able to get away. 2. Run to Dante's left back corner. One Kyklops should hurt the other with his rock attack. 3. Jump on the 2 pipes that are on the corner that you are in. The Kyklops should again hit his partner again accidently. 4. Move to Dante's right back corner. Once again the Kyklops should miss and accidently hit their partner. They will try to jump on you though. If you avoid it, than they should fall on the partner causing damage. 5. Just keep going from corner to corner and making the Kyklops kill each other. 6. Once one Kyklops is dead. You are allowed to kill the other one with weapons to end the mission.
 Wandering Ghosts
Located in Mission 11 Go back through the door at beginning which leads to the courtyard.
Get Blue Orb that is floating in the sky
1. Do not kill the 5 Sin Scissors which come down. Wait till they are even with you. Do not retaliate if they attempt to kill you. 2. Lock on to a Sin Scissor, and wait till he is almost perfectly still next to you. 3. Jump off the ground, than jump off the Sin Scissor. Press the jump button once again in mid-air to do an Air Hike. 4. At top of Air Hike, use Air Raid to fly to the Blue Orb Piece.
 Water Cell
Located after Mission 13 and before Mission 14 Between Missions 13 and 14, go back to the Captains Room and touch the captain.
Kill all 8 Blades with a needle gun tip: Blades weak spot is the Under Belly
1. Once you start off, you will face 4 blades. Lock on to one, and kill it immediately. Keep Moving. 2. Move to the outer edge and kill another blade. Now the blade start to spread out. 3. Try to kill the rest by one. Do not try and go into a group.
 Treasure of the Reaper
Located in Mission 15 Go way back into Mission 14 to the elevator by the Waterfall. Go next to the picture of the skeleton and press action.
Kill 3 shadows
1. Once you begin, stay by the Skeleton Picture. 2. Roll out of the way of the Flying Knife move right at the beginning. 3. Every time he lunges at you, jump and shoot at him with your shotgun. Once he shows his core, switch into Devil Trigger, and stinger him 3 times at the core. 4. Keep shooting at him with the shotgun until he explodes. Pick up the Green Orb for life 5. Get Ebony and Ivory out before fighting Shadow 2. Once Shadow 2 uses his Head Spike move, jump on the spike switch to Devil Trigger and shoot at him. 6. He will reveal his core, use the same Devil Trigger Stinger to hurt him tremendously. 7. Switch back to your shotgun and repeatedly shoot at him until he explodes. Once again pick up the Green Orb for life. 8. Get ready for Shadow 3. Use the Shotgun, when he doesnt use Head Spike, and when he does use Ebony and Ivory. Use same tactics as the previous 2 Shadows.
 Stairway of Tranquility
Located in Mission 16 Exit the Coliseum, then reenter the Coliseum.
Jump on the stairway made by Sargasso and get Blue Orb.
1. Run toward Sargasso and jump right when you get to him. 2. Jump 2-3 more times until you reach the very top. 3. When jumping off Sargasso, pull back on the control stick so Dante goes into the Blue Orb. tip: If you have Devil Trigger, you can just use air raid to get to it.
 Shadow of Darkness
Located in Mission 16 After defeating Nightmare, go back to the Airplane Room
Hunt Down and kill 4 Shadows tip: If you go through wrong door, automatic mission failed.
1. Their are 2 shadows in the Airplane Room. Try and get only one involved. 2. Shadow 1's first attack is the Flying Knife. Roll out of the way. 3. Kill the Shadow, however you want to. There is no real way to fight it. 4. Shoot Shadow 2 with as many shotgun blasts as you can. This shadow will try and attack with Flying Knife. Roll out of the way. 5. Once again, use your fighting style to kill him. 6. Make sure to exit out the Blue Door, to lead to the main hall to fight Shadow 3. 7. Shadow 3 is on the broken ledge. Jump on it and blast it with your shotgun. 8. Once again Shadow 3 will try and use Flying Knife. Roll out of the way. 9. Use your fighting style to kill Shadow 3. 10. Exit through the Red Doors to the Steel Gate Room. 11. Roll out of the way once Shadow 4 uses Flying Knife move at beginning. Move all the time. 12. Use Air Hike to avoid lunges. While using Air Hike, fire with your shotgun. Be very defensive to defeat him.
 Blue Gem in the Sky
Located in Mission 17 At beginning, turn around and jump into the painting showing the Broken Bridge. Have to go over it or you will have to reload the mission.
Get Blue Orb located above the Broken Bridge tip: Don't use the intended way of using the launch pads. It is a very long way to do it.
Note: There are supposedly 2 ways of doing this. This is the only way I know of. Once I figure out the 2 way I will tell you guys.
1. Destroy the Death Scythe. 2. Jump on the 1st level of the ledge above the door. Do it one more time to get to the highes tip. Jump and use Air Hike. 3. At top of Air Hike, use Air Raid and fly to the Blue Orb. 4. Enter the picture again to complete the mission.
 Hidden bangle
Located in Mission 21 Walk to the wall opposite of the God of Time statue. Make sure you are touching the wall and press Circle.
Go through the maze and defeat the Dragon to get the Bangle of Time.
1.Go straight until you come to the fork. Go right. 2. Kill the Nobody. 3. Choose the door to the right. 4. Go up the hill. You are once again going to go into a room with a Nobody. Defeat it to open up the seals. 5. Choose the door to the left. 6. Go down the hill, at the bottom, you will enter an empty room. Go left to head out. 7. In the last room, you have to defeat another Nobody to end the maze. 8. Slash the green door and go through it. 9. Go up the stone steps around the round corner. You will now have to face a dragon. 10. Use Alastor and repeatedly hit the dragon. Do not use the Devil Trigger. 11. After you defeat the Dragon, go back down and face the 2 Frost's (or a Shadow if on Auto-Easy). 12. Use the Ifrit's in Devil Trigger to kill them easily. 13. Go to the right side and destroy the fountain. 14. After destroying the fountain, go back up to where you fought the Dragon. 15. Run to the far side to find another platform. Jump on this to get the floating eyes. Ride the floating eyes to pick up the Bangle of Time. 16. You have just finished the longest and last Secret Mission in Devil May Cry.
Related ThreadsSecret Missions Locations - last post by @ Jan 9, 2002
Missions/Secret Missions (Incomplete) *spoilers* - last post by @ Feb 21, 2005
Secret Missions - last post by @ Jun 30, 2003
Secret Mission 03 Prob? - last post by @ Mar 8, 2008
super jump/ easiest way to beat last secret mission - last post by @ Mar 9, 2006
This page has been accessed 15,633 times.